Saturday, March 14, 2015
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
I am pretty sure you have all been there! Wanting to pull your hair out when the phone rings and it is not business, or people dropping by your house of office unexpectedly during the day. What about people asking for you to do them a favor as if you have nothing to do because you work for yourself! I just do not understand why people do not respect your business day. I have been in business for myself since 2008, first with a brick and mortar Vintage boutique and then branching off to selling online. Now my husband and I have a breakfast and luncheonette, so my work load has doubled.
It is very difficult to stay on task as an entrepreneur when people don't respect your time. Here are some of the ways that you can show people you mean business.
1. Explain to your loved ones that your business hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p. m. (just an example).
2. Stop answering the phone and they will stop calling!!
3. Don't answer the doorbell if you know that it is not about business!
4. If you are selling something like I do ask them to buy something.
5. You can let them know that yes we can do lunch on my lunch break!
6. I know that sometimes we all have emergencies and need a love one to lend an ear but not at the expense of your time. ( I mean if it is a real emergency then yes )
7. When you get off track and need to take a break go grab a cup of coffee with a pen and notepad to jot down a checklist of things to do, instead of calling friends or family.
8. Most of all have fun doing what you love!
How do you stay focused?