Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh La La 1950's Ceil Chapman Designer Satin Cocktail Dress (Marilyn Monroe Favorite Designer)

Have you ever wondered who was wearing a vintage piece that you own? I do all of the time, and get so intrigue by the garment itself. I stumbled across a garment that I had no clue that it was from such a great designer of the 40's and the 50's Ceil Chapman who was rumored to be Marilyn Monroe's favorite designer. Ceil was also a personal designer to Elizabeth Taylor and Judy Holiday. These dresses are exquisite in the best way imaginable. From crepe satins, silk, taffeta, and chiffon, you name it you made it. So the dress that caught my eye and is now in my shop is a wonderful black crepe satin mid length cocktail gown from the 50's from none other than Ceil Chapman.

No comments: